Sunday, January 3, 2010

Please Help




Stray Dog.
┬аDear God, please send me somebody who'll care.
┬аI'm so tired of running and sick with despair.
┬аMy body is aching and filled with such pain;
┬аAnd dear God I pray, as I run in the rain
┬аThat someone will love me and give me a home,
┬аA warm cozy bed, and food of my own.
┬аMy last owner left me alone in the yard...
┬аI watched as they moved, and God that was hard.
┬аSo I waited a while, then went on my way
┬аTo rummage in garbage and live as a stray.
┬аBut now, God, I'm so tired and hungry and cold;
┬аAnd I'm so afraid that I'll never grow old.
┬аThey've chased me with sticks and hit me with straps
┬аWhile I run the streets just looking for scraps.
┬аI'm not really bad, God, please help if you can,
┬аFor I have become just a "Victim of Man."
┬аI'm wormy, dear God, and I'm ridden with fleas;
┬аAnd all that I want is an Owner to please.
┬аIf you find one for me, God, I'll try to be good.
┬аI won't scratch the carpet; I'll do as I should.
┬аI'll love them, play with them, and try to obey.
┬аI will be so grateful if they'll let me stay.
┬аI don't think I'll make it too long on my own,
┬а'Cause I'm getting weak and I'm so all alone.
┬аEach night as I sleep in the bushes I cry,
┬а'Cause I'm so afraid, God, that I'm gonna die.
┬аI've got so much love and devotion to give
┬аThat I should be given a new chance to Live.
┬аSo dear God, please hear me, please answer my prayer,
┬аAnd send me somebody who will REALLY care.

The National Humane Society
ASPCA

...........and please consider adopting a shelter dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment